Monday, March 15, 2010

Still Mindless......

I wish that I had clever things to say and clever ways to say it. But I don't.....and I know that people don't even miss the fact that I haven't blogged in a long time. And that doesn't really hurt my feelings !!! LOL !
If you want clever and meaningful and witty, you need to read Stanford and Juliane's blogs. They are just SO good. Their blogspots are:
Stanford - stan-mccorkle.blogspot.com
Juliane - julianemccorkle.blogspot.com
We had the wonderful experience of going to China from December 28 through January 8th. I was going to do a daily blog about our trip but I am not going to put you through that. We got to do just what we wanted.....we went to class with them and met their "kids", we ate at some of their favorite places (and street food was WONDERFUL!), they shared special family times with us, we got to go to one of their extra English classes at a coffee shop on campus, they showed us some of the sights in Hangzhou and Shanghai.......we just had a great time learning about their daily life in China.
We got to be with some of the other "foreigners" that are also teaching in universities in other places. It was good to hear about their experiences as well.
All of them are learning so much, growing so much and glorifying the One who deserves the glory. They are an inspiration to be around.
Now Stanford and Juliane are having to make a decision about whether or not to go back for a second year. They have to let the university know by the 19th of March. Please be mindful of them over the next week. Also be mindful of the others that are also having to make the same decisions.They have such love and compassion for the Chinese people and they have SO much to offer them. I am just so proud of them already. And whatever they decide I will be proud of them.
Thanks for reading this mindless chatter......again, I urge you to read Stanford and Juliane's blogs......theirs isn't mindless ! ! !
Much love to you all ! ! !
Layna, "Dazed and Confused"

2 comments:

  1. hi mather, you need to keep bloging. If you blog it, they will read! love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. stan's parent:I am bob ,ur friend in hangzhou .this days I call stan,but his cellphone is poweroff.we

    can't connect to you now.How are you now? linda ,angel and i all miss you and

    stan.if you see the message,please call me.your friend bob.

    ReplyDelete