Monday, December 21, 2009

What A Disappointment ! ! !

I USED TO LOVE SNOW.......I NOW HATE SNOW ! ! ! IT IS NO LONGER MY FRIEND ! ! !
We were supposed to leave for China yesterday morning. The weather in the northeast did NOT co-operate at all.
Saturday night we were on the phone, well on hold, for 2 hours with Continential Airlines trying to find out our dilemma. And the poor man didn't have any good news for me at all. So, he advised going to the airport at 4 a.m. to see what could be worked out. So Wilson and Jasmine were at our house at 3-ish to take us. We unloaded all our luggage just like we were going to get on the plane. She didn't have good news either. Both had to deal with MAJOR tears from me......not joking with the MAJOR !
Good news is.....we still get to go !!!! We just had to talk to our bosses and make sure we could get off. My boss told me it just gives me an extra to practice the squatty potty pose.....she is SO funny!!!
By the way, that is my only fear in going to China ..... using a squatty potty. I know, that is not a visual that you want to get in your mind. But when you have knees that DON'T "squatty", there is a definite problem.
I have had several suggestions from friends, Depends being one of those suggestions (such good friends I have, so funny they are).....don't think I am ready for those just yet. Carrying around a big bucket was another one. But Stanford and Juliane said we would be walking 30 minutes to most places. I don't think I want to carry a bucket into the establishments in China. Oh well, it will all work out ! ! !
I just want to get there. I want to see my China family and my China "family", I want to live Stanford and Juliane's life while we are there, walk the steps they walk ("Walk A Mile In My Shoes"), go to their classes, meet their "kids", and get enough hugs to last me until the next time I see them ! ! !
So, still crying, but with a new hope of getting there, eventually......just delayed, NOT cancelled ! ! !
I wish for everyone a very Merry Christmas and a very Happy New year ! ! !
I love you all...........Layna

2 comments: